Open seven days a week, CMA offers something for every rider in the family, including a training area and young rider area. Spend the day or try out our campground for longer stays.
For wildlife watchers, Croom is home to a population of white piebald deer (sometimes called the ghost deer). Other wildlife species to look for include wild turkey, bobcat, gopher tortoise, coyote, bald eagle, hawk, falcon, owl, raccoon, Virginia opossum and white-tailed deer.
- Croom Motorcycle Area Gatehouse
- Withlacoochee State Forest
Hours of Operation
The Croom Motorcycle Area and Buttgenbach Mine Campground are open seven days a week. The gatehouse is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Equipment storage is available at the Powersports shop located just outside the main gate (this is a separate operation from CMA).
Telephone: (352) 797-5759
What You Need To Know Before Your Visit to CMA …
- Helmets are required for all riders at all times when on bike/OHV.
- Daylight riding only.
- No pets.
- No alcohol.
- No riding double unless bike is factory-built for two riders.
- The gatehouse is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
- Campground check-out is at 2 p.m.
- Currently, ROVs are not permitted at CMA.
Enter the Croom Motorcycle Area at the gatehouse, which is located behind the Quality Inn Hotel at Exit 301 off of Interstate 75. The gatehouse is open from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. daily.
The Croom Motorcycle Area
The Florida Forest Service
6420 La Rose Rd.
Brooksville, FL 34602
The park gatehouse phone number is: (352) 797-5759.