The roads that comprise our Sumter Byway include a cross section of the natural beauty with which Sumter County is blessed. The Byway traverses pastoral farmlands, cattle ranches and horse farms. The corridor then passes through several of the most interesting small country towns in the region and finally travels through the lush hardwood hammock and floodplain parklands that are part of the Withlacoochee watershed. This corridor highlights the scenic view sheds and rich heritage of Sumter County.
Byway attractions include:
- General James Van Fleet Trail State Park
- Richloam Wildlife Management Area
- Dade Battlefield Historic State Park
- Florida National Cemetery
- Lake Panasoffkee & Lake Panasoffkee WMA
Contact the byway: Sumterbyway@gmail.com